Thursday, March 5, 2009

A whole new respect for Firemen! (and women!)

You guessed it, it was cardio day in Mooserville! The stations were: my old buddy the bike (we've reconcilled, you'll be glad to know), step ups, firehose slap and a new one, band pulls. I was actually glad to see the firehose out again. That one was quite the workout and it seemed pretty fun (you HAVE to watch the video from last time!! I just about DIED laughing!! Erica and Missy were CRANKIN!!!!! You go girls!!). What the hell was I thinking?!? Holy mother of pearl!! Ben gave us goals and we had to really push to meet them. It was rough! Let me tell you, my whole body is feeling that one!! Especially from the band pulls. This was a couple of resistance bands anchored to the hanging bar. Then you have to step back and kneel down on one knee. Then pull pull pull!! You're supposed to get your arms all the way back, but wow was that hard. I think the hardest one for me is the step ups. I just can't seem to do that many!! It's frustrating, but I did hit my number once. That made me feel good!

Food was a little better today. No oatmeal thank god. But I am struggling to finish the tuna I had started to eat earlier. I mixed it with regular mustard and a little spicy brown mustard and it's not too bad, but to eat a whole can of it is not easy. It was funny this morning because I had Better'n Eggs egg substitute and the first time I tried it a few days ago I was like, ooh... I had forgotten how these tasted. But today I had them and they were yummy! I don't know what the difference was between today and the other day, but whatever it is I hope it doesn't change! That wasn't really a hard one for me, I grew up on Egg Beaters because my mom has had a probelm with her cholesterol for as long as I can remember. So she made omletes and scrambled eggs with them for us all the time! I remember she even used to microwave them.. Now that's a different taste!! Oh, and the peach Chobani yogurt is GOOD!!! Like, I didn't even need to mix it with fruit good!! The hard thing now is to try to eat broccoli, cauliflower & spinach.. but I'm going to figure out some way to do it!! Receipes welcome!! =)

Tune into Moo92 tomorrow (or log onto Moo92.com and they stream live) as the girls and I will be on there talking about our experience so far! We'll be on around 6:45am (squeezing it in before our workout).

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. I like the expanding the comfort zones you are doing with your food. Keep that up because if you do I see great things for you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The step ups will be better, you'll be amazed when you are able to step up higher and higher, I just went from one crate to higher mats. You're legs will still burn, but the burn is good. Keep it up, you're doing great. I just started eating broccoli and asparagus when we started the MM, and I ccook them both the same way - I cut up, put in a plastic ziploc with Pam olive oil spray and spices (I make mine spicey hot) then shake so it coats all veg then I bake at 400 degrees for about 15 - 20 minutes, it's not bad that way.

    ReplyDelete