Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Toboggin?? Tabata?? What the?

Today we did Tabata. Holy shamolies!!!! Actually, first we started with dead lifts. We started with the bar which weighs 45lbs by itself. We did 8 reps, then added weight. By the time we were done Christine and I lifted 85lbs!! Woo! Looking forward to the day when that's a really impressive number. But I'm happy with that as a start. Erica and Missy were paired and they ended up lifting 95lbs!! Go girls!!

Again, a listing of the exact exercises are on the Biggest Mooser Blog. Let me tell you, I was sweating like it was raining on me!! And once we were done Tabata, we were not done for the day!! Then we did planks and supermans!! Planks are just getting in the standard push up position (no they are not called "Mens" pushups!), hips down, stomach & butt in. Hold for 30 seconds. A variant to this is to be down on your elbows & forearms. Believe me, this is no easier!! Then a rest and supermans for 30 seconds. You pull your torso up, arms straight out or out to the side (not behind you!) and pull your thighs up off the floor and hold. Let me tell ya my arms and abs are sore!! Whoo!

I have gotten a few emails in the past few days that have been so inspiring!! Thank you so much to those people! And for everyone that reads this blog and is following along. I appreciate your support more than you can possibly know! Here's a couple exerpts from the emails I've gotten (hope the people who sent them don't mind!!):

"Well, I have been following you on Moo92 and I like your attitude...you are so positive...and I need some motivation..... keep up the good work..you are motivating others out there...take my word for it....I like your attitude, it is honest, your comments are humorous and your positive approach makes me want to do this too."

This was from another friend:
"Hi Lisa!I have just read your blog, and seen some of the biggest mooser pics, and I can't tell you how proud i am of you! I think you are really doing a good job, and your attitude about it is really giving me inspiration! The try things, you don't know what you'll like, and the not give up - it's really great & motivating to read! Also, thanks for the Chicken on the George Foreman recipe! I love my george foreman, but til now, have never tried Chicken on it! Any more ideas? And the recipe for the Salsa meatloaf?!Anyway - just wanted to say keep up the good work - I think you're doing great, and your story is so inspiring -- I've been overweight my whole life, and if what you say is true, and anyone can do it -- I want to be one of them!"

It feels so good to get these!!

I did kind of have a bit of a rough day with food today though. I have to admit that I am not the first one to sit down to a bowl of oatmeal, but Ben suggested that I add it to my diet to get more fiber. I was thinking, ok, well I haven't tried it since I was a kid, so what the hay... WHOOOAAA NELLY!!! I did manage to choke down about 1 packet worth, but that was all I could do. I literally was fighting the urge to gag and have it all come back up. I was fairly disappointed at myself as I looked at the sign I posted over my desk "Suck it up and DO IT! No whining! No Excuses!".. The only thing I can say is that I gave it an honest effort. But I'm not totally giving up on it yet. I'm thinking that maybe if I mix it with unsweetened applesauce that it might be ok. This was just plain oatmeal that I made with milk. Bleeeeeeeehhh!! Ben had suggested fruit, but I'm thinking I may need more than just some cut up strawberries in there. Ben has a receipe that he calls brownie batter (no not REAL brownie batter sillies!!) that I'll have to get from him.

So for now, I am lifting my chin and preparing for a good night's rest before tomorrow's cardio day.

To quote one of my favorite songs: " Well tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain. Well tomorrow's another day and I am not afraid, so bring on the rain."

1 comment:

  1. sometimes I put fruit (cut up apples, or blueberries) in plain oatmeal before I microwave it and then the fruit gets cooked up as the oatmeal cooks and flavors it. With the apples and oatmeal I make "breakfast apple pie" adding cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the oatmeal and apples as well (usually a bit of brown sugar too but that might not work with your diet).

    Also maybe a different grain that is more solid might work better for your palate, if you cooked up whole-grain barley, or maybe even brown rice might work as a breakfast cereal. A grain is a grain, right? No need to kill yourself eating something slimy when you don't like it.

    ReplyDelete