Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back to the Grind

It was business as usual today at bootcamp. Cardio day. And Ben did not disappoint!! We did 30:90 (active rest of high knees) then 30:60 for 20 rounds total. So we did each station 5 times for those that didn't want to do the math.. LOL.. The stations were see saw band rows, firehose slam, burpees (oh how i missed thee! NOT!) and the bike. All of this would've been a little easier if dough-head me had remembered my sneakers!! Trying to pedal that bike in stocking feet really sucked!! Believe me when I say I have put my sneakers by the door so I don't forget them again!! Ben gave us all rep goals to hit and told us to beat them. We all did really great at this. Of course as we did more rounds it got tougher to beat the goals. On the last two rounds, Ben told us that we had to beat one of these two or we would have to do two more rounds. CRANK IT!!!! And we did!! Of course I had the bike the first one so I couldn't help the girls out, but the last one was burpees. I looked at my number on the board. 15. "Ok, I haven't hit it yet, but I've gotten close. This time I'm beating it." I was SOO close!! Like 5 more seconds and I would've had 16!!! But at least I made it to 15 for the first time today. So go me!! Luckily the other girls beat their #s too so we didn't have to do 2 more rounds. However, the fun was not over yet!! We did 1 minute intervals of planks and supermans.. er.. womans. Lol.

After we were done, it was time for Ben to come to my house for my kitchen makeover. It was very informative! I've already been cutting up my fruits & veggies and putting them in tupperware (I tape labels to them) in my fridge. So I'll put 1 cup of cantaloupe in one container. Another one will have 10 medium strawberries, etc. Ben seemed fairly impressed with my system. Whenever I take a container out that I'm going to use for the day I take the label off and stick it to the side of my fridge. Then when I cut up some more stuff I can just grab one of my labels. Works pretty well. My cupboards weren't too bad. I just need to move the supportive foods to the front and make sure all the unsupportive stuff is at the back out of view. It was funny because Ben said: "I like how you have the chips and cookies at the back of this bottom shelf." I was like: "we have cookies?!" Mike's going to have to hide them!! I don't want to see them! Another tip is to have some fruit out on the counter so that if you get hungry that's the first thing you see and probably the first thing you'll grab. Also, keep your shopping list on the side of your fridge so that when you see you're running out of something it's right there and you can write it down for the next time you go to the store. Keep your freezer stocked with protein sources. You can buy the big packages and then repackage them into single servings. Then when you want to take something out for supper or the night before you can take that single serving out and let it thaw to use. Ok and one last one, buy different sized ziploc bags for storing your stuff or when you need to take things on the go. All very good tips that I will definately use!!

Ben gave me my reward for Missy & I winning (he mistakenly put Erica in the blog) the sprints on the day we did Fight...Gone Bad. Prograde Lean CHOCOLATE protein shake. And let me tell you, it really wasn't that bad!! I tried it with water first and then later with milk. It was a little better with milk. It kind of tasted like chocolate milk, but had a little different taste. Not a bad taste though.

My left knee is a little sore tonight. I put some Mineral Ice on it, but I think I'm going to ice it for a little while. This is the knee that I injured last year at bowling. I had (stupidly) gone to the bathroom wearing my bowling shoes and went right up to bowl after. My foot didn't slide at all and I fell forward, right on my knee!! I was unable to bowl for 2 weeks and did physical therapy to get it better. Now it only acts up occasionally. Hopefully this won't affect my workout tomorrow. It should be ok.

Until tomorrow!! =) Now to see who goes home on the Biggest Loser... Hopefully Mike made it and they hit the 77 lbs to keep everyone safe from elimination. But I doubt it since they continued it from last week (damn them!!!). =)

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, awesome that you shared the tips Ben gave you. baggies are a must! I get my lunch ready the night before, through it in a plastig bag so it's ready to grab the next morning. YOu're doing awesome at camp and at the food seems like. Share some of your food secrets. Maybe post your food? Erica does that and it gives me ideas. I'll do the same. See you in the a.m.! Remember your sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was VERY impressed with your fridge system Lisa, I hope I didn't give the wrong impression. You have an awesome system going so keep up the great work.

    Love the Prograde Lean:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't get the wrong impression Ben! As you can see I soaked in everything you said!! Thanks again!!! =)

    ReplyDelete