Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lisa-fy your fridge!!!!

That's right..... Mike & I went grocery shopping and stocked the fridge but good!! So here are some pics of my fridge so that everyone can Lisa-fy:





So on the top left of the first pic is ham steaks, the foil wrapped things are boneless pork chops and then steaks behind & next to those in the packages at the back. On the bottom you can see some of the veggies we got, peas and carrots. In the bottom picture on the top left is a pork loin, then egg beaters (these are in 2 serving little cups-3 in a package. Conveeeenieeent!!) and my bread. On the bottom is green beans, corn, broccoli and cauliflower.
That's right... Cauliflower!! My veggie to try this week!! I have to admit I'm a little nervous, but Erica gave me a great idea to try. Steam them, then put them in the food processer so they're like mashed potato consistency, add some spices and there you go!





This is the bottom part of the fridge. In the first picture on the left is the chicken breasts that I cooked up tonight. Sometimes I'll put 1/2 a breast in a container, sometimes all of it in one. Then next to that is a ham steak and eggs and better'n eggs egg substitute. In the second picture, the egg substitute again, pizza sauce that I used on my whole wheat pasta and a raw onion (nevermind the miracle whip back there.. that's why it at the back!! So I can ignore it!!). In the third picture is my "bread & butter". All of my veggies and fruits all cut up into portion sizes that I generally use during the week. The last one is my cho-yo, milk, spray butter and apples at the back.


I took this one because I wanted to show that I do use ziplock bags. I used up almost every last piece of plastic ware we have so I stuck my celery in bags. Still works!


This is the side of my fridge. Sorry it's so blurry. Stupid camera.. You can kind of see what I do though. These are the labels I didn't use this time. When I figure out on Fitday what I'm having for the day, I put the containers together and when I take them out of the fridge I stick my labels on the side of the fridge so I can reuse them. The labels are just index cards cut into 4 and taped to the container. Then next to that is the "grocery list" Ben gave us as a guideline and the long thing is a magnetic list. I use that as my grocery list. So when I see that I'm starting to run low I just write whatever I will need on the list!


This is my counter. Fairly self-explanatory. But a good idea to keep stuff like this on the counter so if you get hungry you can just grab something good to snack on instead of the bad stuff.
Today Mike & I took a trip to Barre (before the shopping trip). I was a little nervous because we planned on eating out for lunch. I grabbed a few snacks to take with me and we were off. We got what we needed and headed to the Wayside for lunch. Unfortunately, we could see that the waiting line was very long before we even turned in the parking lot! So we went to Applebee's instead (one of my favorites!!). It was a little hard to figure out what to have, but I settled on the Garlic Herb Chicken. It came with potatoes and a "seasonal vegetable". I figured I'd just have them leave out the potato and double the veggie. Wanna guess what the damned vegetable was?? Oh yeah. Broccoli. Someone somewhere really doesn't like me. LOL.. Oh and the other vegetable was a broccoli and carrot mix. Oy. So I just had them omit the potatoes and got a "house salad" with light italian dressing. The salad came out first and it was covered with cheese, bacon bits and crutons. *sigh* I'm a picky salad eater anyway so I'm actually used to picking a bunch of stuff off of my salads. I'm weird, I know.. my idea of a perfect salad is lettuce and cukes. That's it. So there was also tomatoes in it. I picked off as much of the cheese and bacon bits, begrudgingly pushed the crutons to the side and gave Mike my tomatoes (he loves it when I get salads because he gets extra veggies for his). I love crutons, but why waste carbs on them? Plus I didn't know what else they had on them, like butter. I only used about 1/2 of the dressing they gave me and the salad was pretty good. Then the chicken. It was a pretty large chicken breast and the garlic herb sauce wasn't really a sauce. It was just like a little chopped up garlic in a small amout of oil like substance. I scraped most of it off just to be safe. I still got broccoli so I gave that to Mike and he gave me his carrots (he got the brocolli/carrot veggie combo). I also got a glass of milk (she said it was 1%, guess I have to trust it was... tasted like it). By the time I finished the chicken, carrots and milk I was full. It was really yummy!! It didn't even bother me that Mike got onion rings as an appetizer. So yay to me for being able to eat out. Phew!! I think it all worked out right on Fitday too so I'm glad we went out for lunch. Proves that it can be done!! Oh, I almost forgot, in Mike's veggie combo was zucchini. I'd mistakenly eaten it once when I was a kid because I thought it was a cucumber. I didn't like it then, and I definately don't like it now. Ewwww.
Mike's so funny.. this morning he said... "so what time do you want me to wake you up tomorrow?" I was like "uh, not before 9 or you're in BIG trouble!!". I have one day that I can sleep in and dammit I AM!! LOL... Now if the cats could just understand... so glad we close the bedroom door at night.. =) I think tomorrow is going to be a stay home, watch movies and veg day. Gotta looove Sundays!!!
Later gators.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Lisa! That is a very organized fridge you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am impressed with your fridge. Must be nice to have everything all compartmentalized for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! oh yeah.. makes it SOO much easier!! Just grab & go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Lisafy fridge pictures. You have it down to a science. Keep up the great work!

    Love the eating out challenge too. That is one of the toughest things to do but it sounds like you did great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I have tears in my eyes to see how devoted you are to yourself. I'm really proud of you. Tonight, I have a date with... my fridge. Thanks for the pictures and explanations and effort to share. You've really really helped me out. M

    ReplyDelete