Friday, March 20, 2009

Slackin!

Hello again blogfans.. You read that right.. because that's what I've been doing this week... Slackin off on my blog. Actually, I've been pretty busy this week.. but I'm back.

So let me sum up.. Wednesday was cardio day again.. And what, oh pray tell, was on the board when I got to BBC? Any guesses? Yes! BUUUURRRPPEEES!!!! This time, I was living up to my goal of 20.. well, I got close anyway.. I got 17.. Again, I needed like 3-5 more seconds to get just one more. Next week... next week.. Speaking of, we start doing 30:60 next week. No more 30:90. I think we're all ready though.

Thursday we started out doing strength circuits with push presses. We started with just the bar that's 45lbs and added. I believe Christine & I ended with 105lbs and Erica ended with 115. Way to go ladies!! Then we moved on to Roll the Dice... This was actually pretty fun since the die picked which of these exercises you were doing:

1's- Push ups x 15
2's- Rows x 15
3's- Get up Sit ups x 15
4's- Weighted Step ups x 15 each leg
5's- Burpees x 15
6's- Squat Press x 15

Want to guess which one I started with?! You guessed it.. Burpees. Oy. So you do 50 jumping jacks to start then roll the dice twice to see which two you're doing. I did my rolls one at a time to keep it interesting. We did this for about 30 minutes. I ended up doing 30 rows, 30 get up sit ups, 15 weighted step ups (well, 15 per leg so 30 really), 15 burpees and 15 squat press and about 150 jumping jacks (maybe 200-but look at me! Who would've thought I could do that many?! It wasn't all at once but still impressive!). After that we did wall sits and planks. I think 4 rounds. Holy quads of fire!

Today I can't even remember all the stuff we did because it was a loong list!! I think Ben called it 32 minutes.. something like that. Some of the ones I remember, lots of kettlebell swings, get up sit ups, push ups, burpees, kettlebell high pull, goblet squats, lunges and the new one was turkish crunches. Whoa (think Joey Lawrence). You get in the standard push up position and then bring your knee up to your opposite arm. I dare anyone to try this because it is not easy! At the end we did planks for 2 minutes!! I think Erica and Tonia were able to stay up the whole time.. good for you!!

I feel like I've kinda hit a wall.. mostly on a personal level. But I have faith that with the help & support of my fellow moosers, Ben and the hubs (and of course everyone reading) I'll be able to push through.

PIN!

2 comments:

  1. You'll get thru it. Just keep doing what you have been doing. The results are definitely there! Just keep your eye on the prize, bikini season is right around the corner! LOL!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great Lisa, keep up the great work. Use your support system. Remember you can't expect to do it all yourself:)

    ReplyDelete