Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Saturday workout??

Oooh yeah!!! But first let me start with yesterday.

Friday we did Fitness Score (Missy had to miss it because of a family emergency. We missed her VERY much!! It was pretty quiet without her to make us all giggle!!). Do the max number of reps of push ups without stopping and write that # down. Then rest for about 30-45 seconds and do the max number of reps for rows/pull ups. Erica and Tonia did the pull ups, I did rows. I didn't try to do pull ups.. but I will soon!! Anyway, you do this three times (three for each exercise) and write down how many reps you did. The first time we did this like 3 weeks ago, I got 18 total push ups. This time, I did 67!!!! What what?!! Oh yeah! Just keep in mind that these are the modified push ups, but damn!! I ROCKED it!! LOL.. So THEN we did Tabata Squats. It's like a regular squat, but you get down low enough for your butt to touch a milk crate. We did 8 rounds of 20 seconds each with 5 seconds rest in between. OH MY ACHING ASS!! Actually, it's more like OH MY ACHIN QUADS!!! I needed the firehose because after the 8 rounds my quads were on FIIIRE!!! You keep track in your head of how many reps you did for each round and use the lowest number of all 8 rounds. So if you started out cookin like me and did 13, but then in the 3rd round did 7 then you would use 7. If you do lower than that in any of the other rounds you use that #. So if i had slowed down in the last round and only gotten 6 (I didn't!) That was the # I would've had to use. So you take your total # for push ups + total # of rows/pull ups and divide by your Tabata Squats. That is your fitness score. Mine was (I think) 931. I think we'll do that again in like 3 more weeks to see how we've progressed.

I wasn't going to, but I did give in to temptation and weighed myself yesterday morning. The verdict? I've lost 13 pounds!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!! While I will admit that I was expecting a little higher number, I'm very happy!! Don't worry, Ben gave me the hairy eyeball for weighing myself early! LOL.


We weren't done there, then we did this:

10 Kettlebell swings
1 Burpee
9 swings
2 Burpees
8 swings
3 Burpees
7 Swings
4 Burpees
6 Swings
5 Burpees
5 Swings
6 Burpees
4 Swings
7 Burpees
3 Swings
8 Burpees
2 Swings
9 Burpees
1 Swing
10 Burpees

Complete in the quickest time you can. Hoooly hell!! Ben told us that the best time he's had was around 6 minutes. Erica got around 5 1/2 minutes (Tonia too I think! You go girls!) and Christine and I finished in 6:46. Hell yeah!! Punch it Margaret!!

Friday was a tough day for me. It was one of my coworkers last day AND we had a pot luck at work. There were brownies, chocolate covered peanut butter balls (some call them bullseyes).. mac & cheese, sweet & sour hot dogs (just to name a few).. oh yeah.. and I had to sit there and smell all this good stuff cooking in the kitchen ALL DAY!! It SUUUCKKKED!!! BUT, you'll be glad to know that I did not let temptation get the best of me and ate NONE of it!!! NONE!! I got my food that I had brought from home and ate that. While they were having brownies and cake I had my Ben's Brownie Batter with banana. YUUM!!! I just kept telling myself, "You don't need that crap. Look how good you're doing!" And, I thought of all the people that have told me how good I'm looking. Why sabotage it for 30 minutes of pleasure? Plus, I've ALWAYS been an emotional eater and it was definately an emotional day! But I resisted!

So here's what I ate yesterday:
  • Pre-workout: 1 medium apple
  • Post-workout: 3/4 c Better'n Eggs scrambled, 1 slice Country Kitchen whole wheat bread with about 5 sprays of I can't believe it's not butter spray
  • Lunch: 5oz boneless pork chop, 16oz 1% Milk, Brownie Batter (2 scoops Prograde, 1 tablespoon penut butter & water) w/banana cut into it (ate about 1/2)
  • Snack: other 1/2 of Brownie Batter, 1 cup cantaloupe
  • Dinner: 1 medium chicken breast , 3 teaspoons French's Honey Mustard for dipping & 1 medium cuke
  • Calories 1608, Fat 19%, Protein 47%, Carbs 34% DF (dietary fiber) 21.2 grams

So today was supposed to be our Metabolism Makeover class. But Ben decided yesterday after our workout that we should come before MM and do a workout. Since we missed Monday, we all thought it was a grrrrreaat idea!!! LOL.. actually we did. And, it gave Missy a chance to do another workout for the week since she missed all the fun yesterday. So today we did another version of the day we did Something's Missing (see Ben's blog for a look back). Except we did this:

A) Kettlebell high pull & hip lifts

B) Goblet squats & push press

C) Step ups & planks

D) Kettlebell swings & push ups

So again, do the first one for 1 minute, 5 second transition and to the other exercise for 1 minute. Do each one 3 times, then 1 minute rest in between. 2 girls from the class that's starting next week came a week early... must be they wanted to get a jump start! I bet they'll be sorry tomorrooow!! Hee hee hee!! That's ok.. now you kinda know what to expect right girls?! AFTER the workout we did the MM which was good. We talked about how the week went for all of us (seems like Friday the 13th keeps it's rep!)... and yadda yadda yadda.. we laughed... A LOT!! I nearly had water come out my nose... good times.. good times!

This is actually the first weekend where Mike & I are not going anywhere. Feels kind of nice not to be rushing all over!! We're going to the movies tonight to see Watchmen so that should be fun. No popcorn & soda for me!! I wonder if they'll know if I sneak in some celery sticks?! Everyone else will be crunching their popcorn, so who's to know? Mums the word right?! LOL.. I think tomorrow we're planning on a movie day. We do this every so often. We get up whenever, stay in our pj's all day and watch movies!!! It's great. I got some great deals on meat at DVS today so we're all set for meals. For anyone that doesn't know, Mike and I are huge movie buffs. We love 'em and we have HUGE collection!! =) We will regularly have a stack of movies on top of the entertainment center that we haven't seen yet. We are expert bargain hunters!!

Here is the meal plan for today:

  • Pre-workout: 1 cup cantaloupe
  • Post-workout: 1 CK (country kitchen) toast w/1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 cup cantaloupe
  • Lunch: 5 oz hamburger patty on 2 slice CK w/3 teaspoons mustard & 1 teaspoon grey poupon, 1 banana, 1 1/2 c watermelon & 1 svg prograde (2 scoops) in 8oz 1% milk
  • Snack: 8 medium celery stalks & 1 medium cuke
  • Dinner: 1 medium chicken breast w/2 teaspoons honey mustard for dipping, 1 1/3 c green beans, 1 c broccoli
  • Calories 1615, Fat 23%, Protein 38%, Carbs 39%, DF 34.6 grams

Yep, I'm trying broccoli. I think I'm going to try sprinkling some seasoning on them after I steam them and maybe some butter spray. I'm a little nervous as I've NEVER liked broccoli. At least my fiber is way up for the day. Oh, and Ben had me reduce my calories a little because I've lot a good amount of weight and I've been hitting my #s every single day. That makes things just a little trickier. I used to have sort of a cushion. I'd get very close (damned near right on some days) to my calories & other #s and know I was good for the day, but now I can only have 1620 calories so not going over is a little trickier now. Don't fret though... I'll work it!! Until tomorrow blogfans!! (I'll give you a quick rundown of the movies we've watched when we take a break for lunch!) TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates Lisa! Good job on your willpower at the pot luck.

    Here's a brocolli idea: Sometimes I will steam a whole head of florets, make a spicy peanut butter sauce for it, and eat that over rice (or you could eat that as a side with no rice) Here is a healthy peanut sauce recipe I have tried in the past that was pretty good:

    http://monasrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/09/good-easy-peanut-sauce.html

    It would be a good way to make brocolli as a side taste better I think. Brocolli is such a super-healthy vegetable it would be excellent if you could find a way you like it. Good luck, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete