Monday, March 23, 2009

Brand new Monday

Cardio day..... only this time, we did 30:60. No 90 second rest, no "active rest", just 60 seconds of rest between stations. Oh-My-GOD!! I never thought that I would miss that extra 30 seconds, but I did!! Holy god did I miss it!! The stations were: the bike, firehose slam, burpees, suicide sprints and a new one, box jumps.

Ben gave us goals to hit and told us to beat 2 in the first 10 rounds. For the firehose slam, he gave me 51 as that was the last # I had hit last week. My highest? 59! Oh yeah!!! And let me tell you, the other girls were no slouches either!! EVERYONE's #'s were in the 60's (well, mine was close!!). Nice going ladies!!

For suicide sprints, my # was 7. I hit it once.. that's the next one to work on. Let me tell ya, running is not my forte, but I'm going to beat that damned number!!

The new one, box jumps was tough. You stand in front of the box (or piled up mats in our case) and with both feet, jump up onto the mats and step down. It's a hell of a lot tougher than you think!! I hit my # of 10 once.

Let's see... is that all of them? Oh I forgot one!! My favey BUUUUURRRPPEEES!!! LOL.. My starting number was 17. I had my eyes on the prize. 20.. gotta get 20.. I hit 17 twice and then got 18!! Who knew?!?! When we first started, I could barely do 12 in 30 seconds. Now I can do 18!!! HELL YEAH!! I haven't hit 20 yet, but let me tell you, it's coming. I can absolutely guarantee that I WILL do 20. Mark my words!

Last night I tried Cauliflower for the first time. Erica had said that she steamed it and mashed it up like potatoes and put some garlic on it. So I steamed them up (trying not to breathe too deeply around them as they stunk like broccoli) and then used some spray butter, onion & garlic powders and mixed and mashed them up. I had exactly 1 forkful. The first one was ok, but when I took another forkfull, I couldn't swallow it. It was so NASTY!! I had to spit it out. Bleeeeeeeccch!! Someone bleached some broccoli and called it cauliflower!! I guess the only thing I can say is that I tried. Sorry Ben, but I tried!!

I think maybe I've pushed through my wall a little. I definately feel better than last week.. just need to keep on keeping on and get er done! Luckily I have a LOT of people supporting me!! =)

Night!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are damn right you pushed through your wall! I actually didn't see that you had a wall in your way! You have been doing AWESOME! You are inspriing me and making me want to push through when I thought I was at max point. You are doing phenominal and keep up the good work. I am going to check out your fridge pics now.... M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the book "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld? She has picky kids (and a picky husband!), and dececptively hides veggies in several different and ingenious ways. I think it might help you get over your broccoli thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sent that last comment before I meant to. Another way is to roast the cauliflower. Say 15 minutes on 400 degrees...you can spray the cookie sheet with whatever the cooking spray Ben has you using, then heavily season (whatever it is that you can have as a salt and pepper, and/or whatever spice you like)...and it's REALLY EXCEPTIONALLY YUMMY with cut up and cubed ham (I noticed the ham steak in your freezer)...worth a shot :) (also sometimes makes it a different consistency...I love roasted beets, but dislike, say, canned beets...)
    You guys are all doing great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weekend I roasted some cauliflower florets and a few shallots, sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

    Then I pureed the whole thing in the food processor, with a little bullion/stock to get it going. It was so good, Lisa you should try it this way. It tastes like the stock and the roasted shallots, you can't even tell what the base is I think.

    ReplyDelete