Sunday, March 8, 2009

A relaxing Sunday before the work continues!

Aaaah I do love a relaxing Sunday. What's more fun than hanging out with my awesome parents and my husband? Absolutely nothing!!

The day started late because of the time change, but I started out with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled and a banana for breakfast. I didn't bring my Better'n Eggs egg substitute so I worked with what my parents have here. Looks like we'll have a late lunch, but we're having chicken breasts, salad & corn. YUM!! See, you can be away from home and make good choices. It's a little more tricky, but it definately can be done! I know I keep saying that over and over, but I think it's an important thing. I used to be one of those people that used that as an excuse to eat poorly. "Oh well, this is what they're making. Guess that's what I'll have to have!" No. Ask to have butter on the side. Suggest a healthier way to cook something. As an example, my mom makes really AWESOME pork chops!! She puts a few rings of onion on them, then a spoon of brown sugar, a teaspoon of honey on top (or you can use lemon juice like I did) and ketchup. Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil. Then 20 more uncovered. Oh they are SOOO good!! Now obviously I can't have the brown sugar or the ketchup (all it is is tomatoes & sugar!)so my mom just used the other stuff and they were still just as yummy!! With the chicken breasts today I think my mom will probably bake them, which is good. Love them that way. But I may show her the flattened one I've suggested in previous posts since she has a Foreman Grill too. I love that show Project Runway, and what does Tim ALWAYS tell the contestants? "Make it work!" . Right on Tim, right on!

No comments:

Post a Comment