Monday, March 16, 2009

I am woman! Hear me roar!!!

It was cardio day again in Mooserville. Tonia joined us for this one, and from the sounds of her blog, enjoyed herself thoroughly (LOL).

So this time we had 5 stations: bike, firehose slam, suicide sprints, burpees and high knees. Again, Ben gave us goals and told us we had to beat 2 in the first 10 rounds (same as before 30:90 active rest). My good ol buddy, burpees. Again, my number this time was 15. The first two times I got 15 exactly. And again, I was like 3 seconds away from beating that #. I was DETERMINED and I mean DE-TER-MINED to beat that frickin #. Finally, the third time I did the burpees I got 16. 16!!!!! HELLL YEAAAH!!! The last turn at them I got 14, but I'm glad that I finally beat 15! I knew I could do it and I did!! Whooo!! SO proud of myself!! So next time, I'm getting frickin 18!! Actually, you know what?! I'm going for 20! I'm going to CRUSH that puny 15!

By the time we were done our 20 rounds, my lungs were on fire!! Those suicide sprints and firehose slams are KILLER!

I'm so lucky that my in-laws live 2 minutes from work and are generous enough to let me come to their house and shower! They are awesome!! I'm now working 9-5 and trying to go from BBC in Derby to my house in Newport then back to Derby Line in an hour is pretty crazy!! So now I'm able to go to their house, get ready for work and NOT be late!! Yippee!!! Thanks so much you guys!! =)

My co-workers and I were talking today and one asked what I was going to eat after this is all over. I was like, I'm never going back!! What would be the point? You know? If I was just going to go back to eating all that crap, why am I doing this Biggest Mooser thing? That would be stupid!! And, why go back to all my medical problems, feeling bad about myself and not getting to fulfill one of my lifelong dreams of having children? There's no point in it. This is my life now. This is my healthy, HAPPY life! A lot of people have told me that I am much much happier now. My father-in-law said that I have a glow about me. I've noticed it too. I have SO much more energy and I just feel so good all the time that I can't help but smile!!

Mike and I went for a walk after I got out of work today. A 3 mile walk!!! It felt great!! On our route there are a couple hills that I usually get winded on (one is by Kingdom Racket & Fitness in Newport) and I didn't get winded!! I was SO proud of myself!!! And so was Mike!! As we got closer to the top of that hill (it's really not that steep) I could hear the Rocky song playing in my head..... "Feelin strong now..." I couldn't help it, I put my hands up and was like.. "HELL YEAH!!" Mike looked at me weird and said, "what?". "Dude, I just walked up that hill and didn't get winded. I ALWAYS got winded on that hill!" He was SO proud of the changes that I've made. He's starting to notice them too. =) The only thing is, I wore my work shoes and they really aren't that great for walking in. So I have a HUGE blister on my left foot. Hopefully this won't affect tomorrow's workout. I'm going to tape a gauze pad to it for extra cushion. Hopefully Ben doesn't yell at me.. lol..

Here's what I ate today:

  • Pre-workout: banana
  • Post-workout: 2 scoops (1 svg) Prograde in 16oz 1% milk
  • Lunch: 2 servings Hatfield 98% fat free ham steak on 2 slices CK wheat bread, 1 c romaine lettuce & 3 t French's Honey Mustard, 4 medium celery stalks cut up
  • Snack: Cho Yo peach, 1/2 medium cuke
  • Dinner: 5oz boneless pork chop, 2 t French's Honey Mustard for dipping, 1/2 c corn, 4 medium celery sticks cut up
  • Calories 1619, Fat 16%, Protein 40%, Carbs 44%, dietary fiber 27.2 grams

Oh, almost forgot to mention. Me & broccoli? That's a no-go. I tried, I really really did, but I seriously nearly tossed my cookies trying to get that nasty stuff down.. I only ate like maybe 4 pieces of it and gave the rest to Mike (who couldn't help but laugh-but he wasn't being mean about it.. so no hate mail!!). My friend Mona posted a recipe for me to try.. I don't know.. maybe I'll give it a try, but for now.. no broccoli for this girl.

Night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment