Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kettlebell hell.. er I mean fun!!

Today was a little different workout. We did the following exercises: Kettlebell Swings, Alternating Reverse Lunges, Kettlebell High Pull,Push ups, Kettlebell Swings, Get up Sit ups, Goblet Squats, & Planks. Do all of these in the following rounds: Round 1: 30 seconds each exercise, Round 2: 45 seconds each exercise, Round 3: 60 seconds each exercise, Round 4: 45 seconds each exercise,Round 5: 30 seconds each exercise. Most of those you've seen before, but Alternating Reverse Lunges are just what they sound like. Instead of stepping forward in a normal lunge, you step back and get your back knee as close to the floor as you can. Not an easy task!! The other new one was Get Up Sit Ups. This is like a regular sit up except that you put your arms up in front of you pointing towards the ceiling. Then you do a sit up and try to get your torso up as high as you can (up to your knees if you can). At first I couldn't get all the way up, but by the end I had gotten there!

After that was push up ladders. Ben said they're our favorite.. umm.. yeah! NOT!! LOL! I call those killer push ups.. by the end, your arms are BURRNING!!!

Food is going pretty well for me. It's a little trickier since Ben lowered my calories (who knew 58 calories would make such a difference!). I've been hitting them, but I've noticed the change in the amount of food I can eat. Seems like I'm eating much less than I was before.. But I'm still not ever hungry (except for right now because it's supper time!).. I'm sure I'll be able to adapt soon.

So here's what I ate today:

  • pre-workout: banana
  • post-workout: prograde in 8oz 1% milk
  • lunch: 1 medium chicken breast, 3 teaspoons honey mustard for dipping, 2/3 c green beans, 1 cup cantaloupe
  • snack: 1 medium apple
  • dinner: 1 5oz hamburger (grilled on our gas grill- boy is Mike happy to be back to using that!!) on 2 slices CK wheat bread, 3 teaspoons mustard, 1oz diced onion, 2/3 cup cooked carrots (from frozen) and 8oz glass of 1% milk

Well, I guess I've run out of things to say for today.. cardio day tomorrow!! I think maybe Tonia will be joining us and Missy won't as she's on a business trip for a few days. I know I will definately miss her!! (I'm sure the other girls will too!!) She keeps us all in stiches!!

PIN!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing fantastic!! I am so proud of you and all you are acomplishing this week - hello, 17 Burpees - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!
    See you in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete