Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Look Ma! I'm on top of the world!! Oh *&$% where'd the floor go??!!

It was cardio day and this time Ben changed things up a little and it was AWESOME!! The stations were: alternating firehose slams (instead of lifting and dropping both arms at once, alternate arms), suicide sprints, jump rope and oh yes, burpees!!

The alternating firehose slams was a hell of a lot harder than the other ones. Holy crap!! But we all banged out great numbers!! My highest was 100. My arms & core are definately feeling that one!!

Suicide sprints are really hard. Like I've said, I'm really not a runner, but I did it!! Ben set my number at 7 and I hit it at least 3 times! Now to beat it!!

You know, as kids we did jump rope all the time. Singing those silly songs and jumpin rope all recess long. What was that one? "Miiss suzy had a steamboat the steamboat had a bell, miss suzy went to heaven the steamboat went to hell-o operator..." Well let me tell you, this was no freakin recess!! It was harder than I thought it would be.

Ok, so you KNEW I was going to talk about my burpees last. I know you knew. S'ok. So Monday, my highest # was 17. I VOWED on Monday that I would get 20. So...... did I make it you ask?!!!!
Nope, not today. But don't cry for me argentina... my highest # today was 19. 19!!!!!! Can you freakin believe it? I can't! Actually, that's not true, I can!! The last time I got 19 I knew that it was getting close. I heard the CD say 10 seconds left and I was at 15 or 16. So I knew I had to push to get 20. So I was like ok.. 20 you can do it.. you can do it.. 17... 18....19 and just as I stood up and started to do another one, Ben yelled "REST!!".. NOOOOOOOOO!!! I needed like 3 more seconds to do just one more... ONE MORE!! But that's ok.. I have my eye on the prize and I WILL get 20! I WILL!!

After I left bootcamp today, I was tired, but happy. By the time I got cleaned up and was at work, the energy boost had hit and I was on cloud nine!! I FELT light! Like I had just lost 10 pounds instantly!! It was really really great!! I wish I could say that it lasted all day and whatnot, but it didn't. By 11 my stomach was doing flip flops and I thought that I was going to toss my cookies. I was able to eat lunch, but by mid-afternoon I really felt like I was going to lose my lunch so I went home. I layed down and semi-napped until about 5:30 and decided that I needed to try to eat something. I did and thank God that has stayed down. I'm feeling MUCH better now. I don't know what that was all about, but it really sucked. My #s got a little messed up for today because of that so I'm not going to post what I ate today. I don't usually go so long between meals, but I was able to have a snack a little while ago, so I still got all my meals in. My calories aren't what they should be for today, but when you're sick you'll have that.

I honestly have to say that I can't wait to see what we're doing tomorrow. Whatever it is, BRING IT ON BEN.. I'm ready!!!! BYOI (Bring Your Own It)!!! LOL

Night!

2 comments:

  1. OMFG!!! I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG!! You crack me up!! You are doing awesome and I know you will be at 20 burpees next week! I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have a knack for making me giggle. I had to read the title to Alex 'cause it made me laugh so hard. You're freaking hysterical!

    ReplyDelete