Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The pot calling the kettle black

Yesterday I gave two of my fellow Moosers a hard time because it's been days/weeks since they've posted to their blogs. BUT, looking at my OWN blog, it's been 4 days since I've posted either. So that is where the title of this blog is coming from. Sorry ladies, but I've been a bad blogger too.. =( But I'm here now, so here we go:

Friday: Cardio!! The stations were bike, firehose slams (alternating), frog hops, and burpees. Have I mentioned how much the new 30:30:30 kicks my ass?? Um yeah.... kicks the everlovinshit outta me.. every time!! Holy F!!!

Saturday: I honestly wish I could tell you exactly what we did. I don't really remember now. Sorry folks! But we did several stations for a minute each and did like a round robin around the room. It was fun and very tough.. I do remember some of the exercises: jump squats/prisoner squats, single leg hip extension, rows, step ups, kb swings, kb high pull burpee... I think maybe there were some push ups and planks maybe. It was another challenging workout anyway and I loved it!! Afterward, E, M, Ben & I walked from BBC to the DVS (Derby Village Store for those not from around here) and then RAN back.. I think maybe that was the hardest thing I've done so far!! Actually, the hardest thing is getting the breathing down.. I felt like I was gasping for air more than once!! I've been told that that is the hardest thing to running and once I master that I'll be good to go.. Anyway, it was about a mile and I ran nearly the whole thing!!! I haven't had to run a mile since high school and I just ran one!! I really can't believe it. I don't think it actually sunk in that I just went for a run until afterwards when we were stretching/cooling down. I am so freakin proud of myself! Two months ago, there was no way in hell you would've gotten me to go outside and RUN.. to say anything about running a mile!! My life has truly changed, and changed for the better!!

My weekend was good.. we had a couple poker tournaments, but nothing major. Saturday night was the surprise b-day party for my father in law at the East Side Restaurant. Anyone from this area knows that pretty much everything on their menu is fried so it's a tough place to try to eat supportively. I chose to have this as my cheat meal. O-M-G am I glad I did!!!! I had a few meatballs, a few pieces of garlic toast (MMMMMM), a piece of grilled chicken on a stick, a slice or pork roast and THE yummiest (small) twice baked potato I have ever had!! OMG it was SOOO good!! So the meal that I had wasn't too horrible and I seriously ran it off afterwards chasing after my niece and her new friend... We played tag, we ran around... danced.. it was a great time!

Today we had 4 stations: A) KB Swings (44lb kb), 1 arm db snatch (20lb db), push ups B) rows, step ups (15 db each hand), goblet squat (35lb kb) C) rene rows (with 20lb dbs), reverse crunches, kb high pull burpee (35lb kb) D) squat press (2 20lb db), planks, wood chops (1 20lb db). Do each exercise for 50 seconds, 10 second rest in between. Do each set of 3 exercises 3 times then 1 minute rest between stations. HOOOLY F!!!! By the end of this one, we were ALL dripping sweat!!!! Nice one Ben!!! =)

Well, I don't have to be to work until noon today, so I'm going to go for a run.. I'm going to pace out a mile, then do the same I did Saturday, walk a mile, run a mile.. Next run I'll add on a little more. Should be interesting to do by myself, but I'll be fine.. I'll let ya know how it goes tomorrow.. until then blogfans... I'm outtie...

Peace!!


----I had to add this on since I just came back from my run... Instead of walking a mile, then running a mile, I paced out a 1/2 mile. So I ran a full mile.. no walk!! =) The first 1/2 mile was pretty good. I ran the whole thing without stopping. The second 1/2 of it was very hard. I had to stop a few times and walked for maybe 30 feet or so and then ran again. But I feel like I did really well.. except that I can't stop coughing now.. stupid lungs!! LOL.. so glad I gave up smoking all those years ago!!! Later!

1 comment:

  1. good for you for getting yourself out and running! keep up the good work! Also, is it time for a new profile pic?

    ReplyDelete