Friday, April 17, 2009

The Will & the Fire

Lost in the dark, couldn't find my way
Just trying to survive, taking it day by day
Never thought I'd find the happiness I deserve
Not understanding the purpose I serve
A light appeared, a helping hand
A chance to change, make a stand
One of five chosen of 50 that tried
Couldn't believe I was in, sat & cried
The journey has started, now half-way through
Sweating every day, eating right too
Feel my body shrinking, clothes too baggy
And damn if my boobs ain't a lot less saggy!!
My spirit is soaring, the dark is gone
Old ghosts of the past forgotten, so long
Nothing holding me back, from all I desire
I've got the will and the fire
Much more to come in the next 8 weeks
Finally changing my life, and finding what I seek.

--I find that I am much better at expressing myself in writing than I am in person. I've been working on this poem for a few days and now that I finally finished it, I wanted to share it. These last 8 weeks have been amazing and I really can't wait for the next 8. And, for whatever comes after that. I am positive that I will continue to take BBC classes even after The Biggest Mooser is over. And I am extremely excited about that. I've done some changes and I can't wait to make more and become the girl I know has always been inside of me!!

Today was cardio and Ben didn't disappoint. He changed it up yet again. The stations were: Bike, see saw rows, wall sit see saw press and high knees. E & I were paired up for this one and T & M were together. (Missed you all week C!! Can't wait to hear how your week went!!) E & I did the bike & see saw rows and T & M did wall sit see saw press and high knees. So one of the new ones was the see saw rows. We used 2 25lb kettlebells and you put one foot in front, one behind for stability and then lean over and with a bell in each hand pull up towards your chest. HAARD!! Especially for 10 rounds in a row!!! That's right, we did 10 rounds at one, and 10 at another!! HOOLY CRAP!!! The other new one was the wall sit see saw press. So you do a usual wall sit, except you have a db in each hand and alternating arms press (or push) out. This was a very good one.. and very tough!!

Ben gave us a little news today, that was the last time at 30:60. Next week, 30:30 for cardio! I think we're up to the challenge.

Check out Ben's blog for the Mooser standings. Apparently I'm in the lead, but it's darn close!! Well, I am off to poker. Peace!

~L-dawg

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, thanks for sharing the poem. You are looking fabulous and sounding so good! Congrats to you so far and keep it up. Good job. M

    ReplyDelete