Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4 Rounds -taken out of me

I know I say this a lot, and honestly its a credit to Ben, but today's workout kicked my ass! It was SO hard!!!

We did one called 4 rounds. So we had a few stations, with 2 exercises at each and we had to do 12 reps, switch to the other exercise for 12 reps then back and forth 4 times (get the name now?).. I'm going to try to remember the stations.. I wish that I had time right after the workout so that it's fresh in my mind, but... c'est la vie!!

So the stations were (again all reps are 12 unless specified):

1)Step ups (12 each leg)
Push ups (either variation)

2)Kettlebell High Pull Burpee
Reverse Crunches
3)Deadlift (Missy & I used 100lbs, I think E did 125 - you go girl!)
Assisted Pull Ups

4)One arm DB snatch (12 each arm)
Lunges w/weight (E & I did see saws as our knees were bothering us)

I put these in the order that I did them.. that's the only way I could remember!! Ben gave us until 8am to finish. I saw the step ups on the board and knew instantly that I was going to start there. No way was I going to let the one exercise I hate keep me from finishing a workout again!! It was hard as hell, but I did it!! I got through all those reps of stupid step ups and moved on!! E & M both finished at 8 (actually I think E finished a few minutes early- Good job!!!), but M was right behind her. I finished a few minutes after 8. BUT, I finished!! I am damned proud of myself for that too.. By the time I got to the last station, my knees were on fire, but I pushed through. I was actually relieved when Ben said to do the see saws instead of the lunges. I knew my knees wouldn't be able to take those. For the see saws you have a DB in each hand and alternate pushing them over your head. Not easy by any means!! AND, Ben told us to use heavier weights for our workouts today. SO not only did I do the step ups, but I used 15lb DB in EACH hand instead of 10's. Hell yeah! And I think I used 20's for the DB snatch and see saws.

As everyone who's been following along knows, I am a picky eater. And it's been getting a little harder lately since my calories & %ages were dropped. Now it's hard to find variations to do on the same ol veggies. I know that I need to try new ones, and I have a list posted on my fridge of ones to try. So I will keep trying new ones, but I don't seem to like the ones I try. I know people think that I "just don't like" broccoli & cauliflower, but that's not all true. I HATE them! They seriously make me gag. Ask Mike. He was here when I tried them. He will attest to the fact that I was nearly losing the rest of my dinner trying to just eat them anyway. I know that I will have to just "suck it up and do it" and still eat the veggies I don't like, but it's just making myself do it that's very hard. But, there is hope!! Tomorrow I'm trying something new. Stir fry. I bought onion, green & red peppers and mushrooms. I'm going to use EVOO and an onion spice mix that I have and fry 'em up with my beef that I bought. Then, I'm going to try couscous!! I'm going to put the whole mix over couscous. I think I tried couscous once, but I believe it was plain. I got one that's Chicken & garlic flavored. So I think it'll be pretty tasty with the veggies. I will keep you posted on it!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment