Thursday, April 23, 2009

Funny things....

Yesterday we did 30:30:30 again.... holy makerel that kicks the shiat outta me!! Seriously not loving the CD man that says: you're half-way through your break congratulations you've completed __ rounds. He honestly says it like that.. there's MAYBE a 5 second pause. You're like WHAT? That was a fast freakin 30 second rest!! My GOD... Slow it down CD man... fer real! LOL... So here are the stations: Bike, Lateral Shuffle (do NOT cross your feet!! Ok ok! Lesson learned!!!) Plate Punches, Firehose Weave, High Knees. Kicked my ace!

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my last blog that after we were done the 4 rounds then 2 rounds thing, we did planks. THEN we did a relay.. just wanted to clear that up.. we did a LOT on Tuesday.. sweated my ace off...

So today we did the following:

KB Swings (kb=kettlebell for those that don't know Missy-ese)
Reverse Lunges
KB High Pull
Goblet Squats
Push ups w/T stabilization (do a push up then put your arm up in the air, like planks w/rotation)
Get Up Sit Ups
KB Swings
Planks

I don't know if I got them all.. seems like I may be missing one.. but I can't remember right now what it is.. Anyway, we did each one for 30 seconds, rest, then through the list again doing each one for 45 seconds, rest, then each one again for 60 seconds, rest, each again for 45 seconds, rest and one last time each one for 30 seconds. That was definately a rough one. The ol' knees were feeling those reverse lunges.. and the goblets.. But, we all got through & did fantastic!! Missy wasn't there this morning because she was sick, but T was able to join us. I think she may be able to join us more often which is very cool!! Then after that we did relays again. This time one person ran down, did 5 burpees & came back. The other person had to do either high knees or jumping jacks. I believe we did this for about 10 minutes. E & I were paired up and C & T were partners. No rest for the wicked!!

Yesterday at bowling I was waiting for my turn to practice and Carol (who does the Saturday class) was walking back from her practice when she literally did a double take!!! She was like "I didn't even recognize you!!" Later she told me that she had seen me go up to bowl and had thought "who is that?!?" She then said "I don't know if it's the different clothes your wearing or what, but you look so different!!! And so GOOD!"...Such a confidence booster!!! =) Especially since I was wearing my new jeans (3 sizes down... I thank you) I also talked to several of the other ladies about my bootcamp experience and how it's going.. all that good stuff. I don't mind talking about it at all. Ask me anything.... One girl said to me "I've read the workouts you do and I don't think I could do it!" I told her she sure could!! Everyone can do this stuff!! Another said she was too old. I'm like, if you set your mind to it, you can do anything! I think everyone should do this program!! Hey Ben... I think I need a sales commission.. LOL.. just kidding!! =) Anyway, so I feel really great (even more than I was) and I can't wait to see what comes next. =)

The Dandelion Run is now officially a month away. I am really nervous about it, but I think I'll be fine. I've been walking (as previously posted) and I've gotten pretty fast so I'm going to try doing a short run on Saturday (1/2 mile). Then I'm going to keep adding on until D-run day.... I should be good to go by then (I hope!). The biggest thing is that no way 2 months ago would I have even THOUGHT about doing something like that and now I'm going to do it!! Just goes to show what this program has done for me!! =) (commision??? LOL)

Well, this chica needs to head off to bed and get rid of this headache.. later...

No comments:

Post a Comment