Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catchin' up

Yeah.. ok.. so it's been a couple days.. what can I say?? I sat down to blog last night and literally stared at the screen for a few minutes. I was like "I got nuthin'" and turned the computer off. I watched BL (can't believe Sione went home, but how cool is it that he's going to be a personal trainer now??!!) and went to bed.

So, let me catch you up. Tuesday we did Tabata Extra. The extra was the extra butt whoopin that Ben gave us. O-M-G it was HARD!! Almost felt like day one!! So these were the exercises:

1. Double Ring Rows & Deadlift
2. Plate Clean and Press & Push ups
3. Goblet Squat & Flutter Kicks
4. Kettlebell Swing & Renegade Rows

40 seconds of work followed by 20 second rest. Switch exercises during rest break. Complete 4 sets of each exercise before moving to next station. There is a 40 second rest between stations.

Before we were doing the rows with a bar, but the rings are waaay harder! The hardest one is the renegade rows. It's like doing planks and rows at the same time. Actually, that's really what it is. Let me tell you, that one is rough.. Good for the 'ol arms though!!! Bye bye wallies!!! Dude, seriously? You don't know what wallies are? You know, you wave and your wallies wave too? Yeah.. that's them!! LOL..

So we finished this and it was about quarter of 8. Missy turned to Erica and said "oh we aren't done!" and we weren't. After this, we did farmer's carries with a twist. So it was Christine and I and Erica & Missy. The prize? Prograde Cravers. I've heard that they're VERY good!! So the twist is that when your partner gets to the other end of the room, they do 5 burpees and the partner does push ups until the burpees are done. Then the person comes back to the start and the partners switch. This was actually really fun (don't tell Ben!!). We started out and it was E and I head to head. Her longer legs put her ahead of me, but when we got down to the end, we ended up doing synchronized burpees!!!! At one point I had to speed walk (nearly run) to catch up to her!! It was definately a challenge, but it was great. I love the competition!!! E & M started with the heavier weights and at some point Ben switched them to C & I. Congrats to E & M who were able to get ahead of us and win. Enjoy those cravers girls!! You earned them!!!!

So today was cardio and again Ben cranked up the intensity. The stations were: firehose alternating slam, plate punches, burpees, sprints (bike for C & I) and the new one was band high knees. The band high knees was quite interesting! Ben linked two bands together, we stepped into one side and he stepped into the other. Then, when it was time to go, Ben would pull back on his side for resistance and then we had to do high knees!!! No easy task let me tell you!!! AND.. on the last time I did this one, Ben started moving around!! I was like "what are you doing?!!" He's like I'm moving around!! Um yeah I kinda noticed!!!! LOL.. SHEEEZ!!! But, I did like that one.. very challenging!!!

And guess what???!!!! I BEAT my burpee score!!! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!!! 21 baby!!! Can you see me doing a little dance?

The real fun was the plate punches. In the last couple rounds, C was able to pull ahead of me in her # of these. Nice! But then it was my turn and I upped it. So her last turn she upped it again.. verbally DARING me to beat her!!! Ok... it's ON!!! But, I was not able to catch her!! So good job C and thanks for the competition!! LOVED it!!!! =) It's on again on Friday!! You and me.. plate punches.. 90!!!!!!

Well, it's late and time for this chicky to head to bead. Night all...

Werd. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah- 90, no problem, think we can beat D? I think we have a good shot!

    ReplyDelete