Tuesday, April 21, 2009

30:30:30, tire flippin' & the MF comes through again!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but it was a crazy night!! Had some problems at work, so I didn't even get a chance to do my fitday until this morning!! But that's ok.. it's done and I'll be getting my stuff together for the day in just a few.... I wanted to post this morning because I am just feeling SO good and I didn't want to wait until tonight..

Yesterday we started our new cardio time. 30 seconds of work, 30 seconds rest.. and we did 30 rounds instead of 20!! Oh my freeeeekin lord!!!!!!!!! There was a couple times where Erica & I just looked at each other and were like #$*! me this is hard!!! LOL.. The stations were: bike, rene rows, high knees, burpees & hill climbers. Whoo.. definately pumped up the volume!! And the sweat! WOW!

After our workout we were sitting around cooling down and ended up talking about the two big tractor tires that Ben has. It was a nice sunny day, so we (M had left to go to work already) went outside and each gave it a couple tries.. I did the first one on the small one (150lbs) and Ben was like, well that was too easy!! Try the big one! (300lbs) FLIP!! It's not easy by any means, but I can see us doing that in a workout in the near future!! Fun fun fun!! Check out Ben's blog for a video of us each trying it..... oh and me almost smooshing T's adorable dogs.. sorry T!! I did look to make sure they weren't in the way!!

Today was a wicked tough one!!! We did 4 rounds of: push ups x 10, split squats x10 each leg (using 20lb DB), 2pt DB row x 10 each arm (using 20lb DB) & deadlift x 10 (I believe we used 85lbs - I think E used 125). Then we did 2 rounds of: arms elevated push ups x 20, split squats x 20 each leg, deadlift x 20 & ring rows x 20. Once you finish the 4 rounds move right into the 2 rounds. I cruised right along through the 4 rounds (I thought.) and went right into the 2 rounds. But, I was finishing my 2nd round of the 20 reps when everyone else finished.. I was like... what the french? I started doing my 2nd set of split squats and noticed that Missy was doing push ups. I switched to the other leg and paused mid-way through and she said "come on, I'm going with you." That made me smile.. I thought.. you are?!? Then I still had to do the deadlift (everyone cheered me through that!!) and then the rows. Missy came right over and was like, I'll do them with you.. Come on.... So we started doing them and everyone else joined in!! E & C did rows on the rings & Ben did pull ups. When I stopped, Ben hung from the bar.. even more motivation was when he was said "Lisa! Don't leave me hanging!! We're waiting on you!".. I can't believe that they all did that for me.. I was a little irritated that I was, again, the last one to finish, but they all made it better.. I have never in my life had such motivating, supportive people helping me... I could NOT be getting through this journey without any of them. Thank you SO much to my MF.. you guys are absolutely AMAZING people!!! I would definately be lost without each & every one of you. =) And eventhough T didn't work out with us today (she does a class tonight) I know she would've been right there with all of us!!! So thanks to her too.. =)

~L dawg

No comments:

Post a Comment