Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's my party...

I honestly haven't been slacking in my blog duties!!! Honest!!! I just haven't had the time to sit down and blog in the past 3 days!!!

Thursday the girls & I (plus Christine's friend) went to IROC and used the weight room to do some weighted interval training. Day 2 of Ben being gone went a little better than the first one and we even did a little extra on our own!! After we were done our workout we did planks, wall sits (1 minute each), then superwoman & wall sits (2 rounds, 1 minute each). So yay to us for pushing ourselves to work hard!!

Friday Ben was back and it was "brungin!"!!!!! It was cardio day and this is what we did: 30:60 for 20 rounds, firehose weave (swing the ends of the hose out to the side and bring them in together at your chest making a wave like pattern), plate clean and press, sprint (Christine & I did the bike since we both are still having trouble with our knees/shins), renegade rows without weight, jump rope. Let me tell you, my core was feeling this one!! If it wasn't the firehose weave it was the renegade rows without weight. Welcome back Ben!!! =)

Ok, yes, today is my birthday!! I am 32 years old today (but I don't feel any older!). I had a really great day too. Of course, like last Saturday it started out at bootcamp. But this time, I went up early to get my measurements done. I was nervous and excited all in one. I knew I'd obviously lost because my clothes are getting way baggy and everyone is telling me how great I look. Best of all, I FEEL good!! But I was nervous that the #s wouldn't be as big as I thought. So, here are my numbers:

Total weight lost: 23lbs
Total body fat % lost: 6.5% (0.5% behind Missy!!)
Inches lost:
4" off hips
3" off waist
1.25" off thigh
1" off upper arm

So that's 9.25" total lost so far. Holy crap!!! The big # contributing to my total body fat lost was in my back. That was a huge drop.. bye bye back rolls!!! Ben asked us what we had expected and if our #s met that expectation. I honestly have to say that I wasn't sure what to expect. Like I said, I knew that I would have good numbers because I look and feel smaller. I actually thought because the pants I had started out in were hanging off me now that my waist measurement would be higher, but really, I lost 7" from my waist & my hips.. So duh my pants are going to hang off me! So I am VERY happy with my #s so far.

After measurements we had a workout. We started out by doing a new warm-up routine that felt more like a workout!!! Wooo!!!! But, I like the change. Something different to do and you definately get warmed up/geared up for the workout! After the warm up we did 4 minute madness. 5 stations with 2 exercises at each station. You do 12 reps of each exercise and switch back and forth between the two for 4 minutes, doing as many rounds as you can. By the time we were done, I wasn't just dripping sweat, it was pouring off me!!! It was a doozy!!! Oh and we weren't done there... after that we did 4 rounds of planks and superwomans.. whooo!!!

Following our workout we had our usual MMC class, but Cheryl stopped in and shared her bootcamp/MMC journey with us. She is an INSPIRATION!!! I LOVE her ideas for her cupboards (posting your "fat" picture on unsupportive foods to discourage yourself from eating them, taping the portion sizes handout on the inside of the cupboards, making a list of motivational sayings and posting them on the inside of the cupboard for extra motivation). Thank you SO much Cheryl for coming to talk to us today. You are AWESOME!!!! I'm going to be implementing some of the above ideas in my own kitchen!!

After MMC, I came home & got ready & Mike & I headed to Morrisville to meet up with my family (and Mike's sister, her husband and our neices) for my birthday. It was a little difficult to find something on the menu I could have, but I ended up having grilled chicken (no sauce of any kind on it), and peas & pearl onions and a side salad with light italian dressing (I didn't use all they gave me). It came with a potato side but I had them leave that out. I was going to have them double the veggie, but since it was peas and we're only supposed to have them in moderation I stuck to a single serving of it. I think they put butter on the peas so I ended up only eating about 1/2 cup of the peas that they gave me (I didn't eat the onions). Of course the salad had croutons & cheese on it, so like at Applebee's, I scraped all the bad stuff off. It worked out pretty well. We all had a good time.

So the dress pants (and jeans too actually) that I've been wearing are ridiculous to wear. This past week, I used a small black binder clip to keep my pants from falling off me. I knew it was time to get some "transitional" clothes. Mike's b-day gift to me was just that. While we were in Morrisville, we stopped in to Peebles (never been there before, nice store) and I picked up 3 pairs of dress pants. And they are all 3 sizes down from where I started!!! For the first time in my life, I was not in the dressing room crying because I was too big to fit into something!! I was in the dressing room doing the dance of joy because I just put on pants in a size I never thought I would see again!!! It was SO sweet!!! I was looking at the clothes in my new size and I was honestly like, no that won't fit, it's too small. But I grabbed it anyway and tried and I'll be damned... they fit!!!!! I think maybe I was in a little bit of denial just how much I'd actually lost. But I'm over that now.. LOL... Bring on the skinny bitch clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)=)

The new thing I tried this week is hummus. I had never heard of this stuff before I started doing BBC, and of course I was VERY skeptical about trying it. But one of my co-workers had a 7 spice blend that she was dipping her carrot sticks in. So I just took a little taste. Oh my GOD it was SOOOOO good!! SPICY!!! whoooooo.. So I picked up some horseradish hummus and put it on a ham sandwich Friday night. Whooooaaa nelly was that GOOD!!! I also picked up some asparagus to try. A few people have told me that they're really good roasted, especially with garlic (mmmm love me some gahlik!!). So I'm thinking that I'm going to brush on some of my horseradish hummus and roast them.. I'll let you know how it goes.. I'm hoping it's something I like since I haven't had to much success with new veggies. But I'm trying!!!

Well, tomorrow is another busy day.. so I will see you back here on Monday.. =)

2 comments:

  1. WTG Lisa! That is amazing that you have dropped 3 pant sizes already! You are definitely rockin' it sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday gift you have given yourself! Congrats Lisa.

    ReplyDelete