Monday, April 13, 2009

I got beat up at bootcamp!!!

And I am NOT kidding!!! LOL.. well, ok, not really... but it was a bit of a rough one!!!


To start off with, we do a new warm-up routine. One of the things we do is jump rope. Everyone knows that lately my feet have not been cooperating with my brain when I do this. Today was no different. We were jumping rope and again my big feet (I wear a size 11!!) got caught. I thought I had pulled the jump rope from under my feet, but apparently I hadn't because I pulled up on the jump rope and it broke, right at the handle!! OY! At first I was trying to put it back together, but Missy was like "Lisa!!" and Ben turned around and was like "what the?!".. Busted!!! Sorry Ben!!!! LOL..


Then we did our workout. It was cardio day and Ben threw a new station in. We did bike, firehose weave, renegade rows (no weight) and lateral shuffle. The lateral shuffe is like this: there are two cones set up about 10 feet apart. You have to "shuffle" from one to the other, touching them each time, as fast as you can. The first couple times I did it fine, but the third time was not my charm. Instead of shuffling my big feet, I crossed them. Big mistake.. I crossed them and the side of my shoe caught on the floor and down I went! I was fine.. I didn't hurt anything, but I leaned back after I fell and bumped my head on the weight that was on the bar we use for deadlifts and push presses. Double duh!! Don't worry, I have a hard head!! I didn't even bump it that hard. Just enough to know what a dumb move that was!!

Oh that's not it!! After we were done, M wanted to try doing the assisted pull ups again. So I went over and pulled the band down so that she could put her foot in. She had her hand on the band as well and for whatever reason it slipped and whacked me right in the cheek!! I was like "look, I'm not going to help you anymore if you're just going to beat me up!" LOL.. It was frickin hilarious!! So yes, I got beat up at bootcamp today!!! LMAO... but it was still a good day!!

Christine wasn't with us, but she did do a workout before we had gotten there. (Yay to you for getting up even earlier!!) Erica was also not at BBC this morning because she was sick. Get better soon E! We missed you!!

So that's about it.. I had bowling tonight as a few people on both teams wouldn't be able to make it on Wednesday.. 2 more weeks and bowling is done.. I can't wait. I like it, but I'm ready for this season to be done.

Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment