Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pile On!

We did Pile On today and it was really tough. Apparently this one is infamous for being hard and it has earned it's fame.

We started with:
KB swings
KB high pull
1 minute each one with a 5 second transition.

Then:
KB swings
KB high pull
Prisoner squats
Flutter kicks
1 minute each w/5 second transition

Then:
KB swings
KB high pull
Prisoner squats
Flutter kicks
Push up
Single leg hip extension w/knee bent & held to body

Then:
KB swings
KB high pull
Prisoner squats
Flutter kicks
Push ups
Single leg hip extension
Burpee
Wall sit

Then:
KB swings
KB high pull
Prisoner squats
Flutter kicks
Push ups
Single leg hip extension
Burpee
Wall sit
_________
Star burpees

I know that the star burpees was the last one we did, but I can't remember what the other exercise we did was. I'm not entirely sure this is the correct order either.

I have a confession.. I've been running at least 2 times a week, but my confession is that last week I only ran one day. Last Tuesday was the last time I ran. I had planned on running on Saturday, but life got in the way and I didn't. I just didn't and I take full responsiblity for that. Tonight I went for a mile & 1/2 run and I was only able to run 3/4 of a mile straight without stopping. I ended up stopping quite a few times. I'm really kicking myself for not running last week. I wish I had because tonight was ROUGH. I have only myself to blame for that and I'm irritated with myself. I will be running on Thursday and Saturday so look for updates on that. The Dandelion Run is next Saturday and I am nervous. I'm so happy that my sister-in-law will be running right next to me. Her support in this is tremendous.

So that's what's up. I still feel like I'm in a funk and I'm trying to work my way out of it, but it's not happening very fast. I'll come out of it though. I'm confident.

Night.
~L

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes the same thing happens to me when I go running... some days the motivation is there 100% and I run like the wind, and some days I just end up walking off and on. There are even some days I put on my running clothes and don't even make it out the front door. My advice to you is not to beat yourself up when that happens, it's okay if it happens sometimes -- we're all human after all, just don't let it stop you from keeping on your workout/running schedule! Get back on the horse the next day and try to run a little further to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mona! =) The plan is to run again tomorrow so that should go better.. =)

    ReplyDelete