Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Run Forest Run!!

It was cardio day again in BBC land. We started doing our intervals inside when someone ( I won't name names -Missy) suggested that we run outside. So, we jogged out to the road and ran a gazillion 30 second sprint intervals. Oh it was so much fun!! (sarcasm is kinda lost on here LOL). Honestly, it kind of sucked. Like really hard. After awhile I started getting a pain in my hip in the front (apparently it's my hip flexor) on my right side. It KILLED to keep running with it hurting like it was, but I did. I kept on running. I definitely wasn't sprinting, but at least I was still running. So I'm hanging onto that. I kept going and pushed through and that's the important thing. I could've let it bother me, but I decided that it wasn't going to.

I think maybe I'm starting to come out of my funk. I felt pretty good today, eventhough I was walking around my office like an old lady. LOL. My hip hurt, my knees were sore, but it reminded me of the hard work that I'm doing. I am working hard (we all are) every damned day. The benefits are numerous. I haven't even reaped all the benefits yet. I can't wait until I can get rid of my stupid sleep machine. I'm starting to really hate that stupid thing. I will be a little scared when it is time to get rid of it because I've been using it for SO long that I feel like I'm kind of dependent on it, but I'll be fine. And, I know that Mike will be VERY happy when I get rid of it too. =) I can't wait to go back to my doctor after we're done and have my cholesterol, blood pressure and diabetes tested again. How much do you want to bet that those are all normal now? I'd bet quite a bit!! Most importantly, I can't wait to have children. It's something that I've wanted for my entire life. I've always known that I wanted to be a mother since I was a little girl. My dream was to have a really big family and enjoy being a stay-at-home mommy. My weight has been holding me back from that, but not for much longer!!! I may not have as many as I had originally planned, but I will have at least one! =)

So for anyone out there that's reading this and wants to lose weight...Do it. Do it now. If you have goals or dreams that seem unatainable because of your weight, get your ASS up off that couch or out of that chair and do something about it. No excuses. You are worth it. You deserve to be happy. Once you start, don't give up. Keep going, remember why you're doing it. Remember those goals & dreams that you had on hold because of your weight and keep pushing. GET THERE.

I found this quote on Facebook and I think it's very true: "Today I give myself permission to be greater than my fears".

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment