Wednesday, May 6, 2009

L dawg & the Moo crew

Today was my day to be interviewed by Tod & Deveney on Moo92. It was a lot of fun. =) If anyone missed it, they asked how it was going -great!! really great!!... what was the hardest thing so far for me - I said that my nickname is "blech" because I'm so picky so that's been the hardest thing. We talked about that a little bit. Tod started naming stuff to see what I liked... like broccoli.. BLECH!!!! It was pretty funny because he named off a few and I think he realized that it might've been easier for ME to name stuff that I like rather than him guess.. LOL.. They also gave a mench to the fact that I'm in the lead, but I told them that it's not really about that for me. It's all about getting healthy and happy. The main thing I hope that came from this is that I inspired someone out there to make the decision to get healthy too. That's one of the main things that I want after this. I really want to inspire others. I know a lot of people say it, but "if I can do it, YOU can do it!"

Cardio day.... Ben once again threw another twist at us. This time we were only doing 2 stations. That's it. 1 station for 15 rounds (30:30) then a different station for 15 rounds... no 8,7 8,7. What the french? Yeah. So M & I were teamed up and C & E were teamed up. T missed it because of a prior obligation. M started out doing high knees and I was on the bike. C did db clean & press and E ran sprints. Big kudos to her for asking to take on the sprints. Let me tell you, doing sprints for 8 rounds straight is tough, but doing it for 15 is even tougher!! So good job to E & C for "getting there". M & I busted out the rounds on the bike & high knees though. So good job to us too!! =)

So I think that's pretty much it for today... oh, almost forgot!!! I went for a run last night and upped my distance from 1 mile to 1 1/2 miles. I am very proud to say that I ran an entire mile without stopping! The last 1/2 mile was a little rough, but I can't believe that I did that. I know, I keep saying that every time I run. It just seems like I'm doing just a little better with every run so dammit.. I'm proud!!! Oh, I also mentioned that in my interview today. I said: "If you had told me 3 months ago to run a mile I would've told you where to go and how to get there, but now look at me. I'm running 2-3 times per week!!!" Hell yeah.

~L dawg

1 comment:

  1. You should be very proud of yourself! I'm very proud of you too!

    ReplyDelete