Thursday, May 21, 2009

28 day program - the final push

Sorry that it's been so long.. My computer didn't have a virus like a thought, it was just the video card going to hell. Thanks Shaun for fixing it for us! (E's significant other) =) It's running great now!

Where to start? Well, on Monday we started the 28 day program. It's a diet designed to melt the fat off you and fast. The really nice thing is that the menus for the entire 28 days is planned out for you. Every single meal. The extra nice thing is that there is a "substitution list". Whoever came up with this is a genius!!! And must've known that I would be doing this diet!! Otherwise I would be one very unhappy girl.. there's a LOT of fish on these menus and this girl and fish, just don't mix. (Fish is at the top of the "blech list". LOL) It was funny Sunday because I printed out the first 7 days so I could make my shopping list, and I got the sub list out and made at least 1 substitution every single day. For some days there are 3 or more!!! But don't worry, I'm not straying!!! So far so good. I'm definitely not hungry at all and I'm still eating all the supportive stuff that I should be. The only thing is, this is very light on carbs and VERY heavy on protein. But that's ok. I can deal with that for awhile. I told Mike before I went shopping that there was a lot of chicken in my menu. He said: "good thing you could eat chicken every day!" I said: "ask me again after we're done!" LOL... It actually hasn't been that bad though. I am eating some lean beef and lots and LOTS of egg whites!!!! Today's lunch was a soup and OMG it was SO good!! =) I'm sure you're thinking, "she can have soup???", yes I can!!!!!! It was 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, celery, 6.75 oz chicken breast, onion and tomatoes. You cook the veggies in EVOO then add to the chicken broth & breast. I also put garlic powder, onion powder and oregano in my broth. The best part was after I heated it up I also put 3 tablespoons of parmesean cheese on top and mixed it in... yum yum yum!!!! Before now I always thought parmesean cheese was gross, but you know, it's starting to grow on me!!! The other night I had chicken parmesean.. oh was that tasty!!! It was 6.75 oz chicken (see? eating lotsa chicken!!) 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 3 tablespoons parm cheese.. try it!! =)

There are also specific workouts that go with this diet. You can check out Ben's blog for what we've been doing this week. I don't know if he's posted today, but I know he didn't on Tuesday. You didn't miss much there. We just did cardio. We did a 1 minute round at each of the stations with 1 minute rest and the 1 minute active rest (get up sit ups). The stations were sprints, bike and burpees. Then we went outside (yay for nice weather!!) and did a 20 minute distance run. Just run 20 minutes. On Tuesday we ran from the parking lot, out to Taplin Rd, to Rte 111, then turned behind the BBC building and back to the parking lot. It's not a bad little route, but kinda tough on the knees & legs to transition from grass to gravel to pavement to grass to gravel to grass. Today we ran down Taplin Rd, turned off on a little road and ran down there. We just went for 10 minutes and then turned around and ran back the other 10. That's a nice run, just one small hill, all gravel and nice scenery!! Next week will be a little tough as Ben will be gone all week so we will be on our own. He has given us our marching orders for the week so we're all set with what we have to do. It'll be interesting for sure.

Ummm.. let's see.. I think that's it.. I think I'm working my way out of my funk. Finding out I've lost nearly 50lbs in 12 weeks has definitely helped. I'm hoping that I'll hit 65lbs lost by the end. It'd be great to hit 15% body fat lost and 20". That would be amazing!! I'll "get there" though...

Saturday is the Dandelion Run. I'm nervous, but I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm really really happy that my sister-in-law will be running with me. I know she'll keep me going. =) If you're reading this and you're local, come on down (we start the run at 9am) and cheer us on!!! =)

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment