Tuesday, May 26, 2009

D Run & 4 days of catch up

Sorry again that it's been so long since I posted. Now that the weather is nice, it's harder & harder to stay inside and stay in front of the computer. Plus, since we aren't using fitday for the diet, I don't need to be on the computer as much which has made Mike very happy. LOL.

So let's see.. Friday.. we did this: Started with Deadlift 4 sets of 8 reps, then: A) Reverse Lunge Band Row x 6 reps per side, Stability Ball Push up Jacknife x 6. Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. B) Squat Press x 6, Pull ups x 6. Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. Then Intervals: 6 rounds 30 seconds high intensity 90 seconds recovery. We went outside and ran on Taplin Road for that part. I'm liking the new workouts. They're challenging and are made more so the more that I push myself. =) Harder you push the more fat you burn!!

Saturday we still did a bootcamp workout (I know.. we're nuts!!) but T, E & I were the only Moosers to make it. We did Deck of Cards. I really liked this one. It's kind of like Roll the Dice where you basically don't know which exercise you're going to be doing or how many until you pick the card (roll the dice). I don't remember what the specifics are of what we did but it was good. After that we did the Dandelion Run. It was pretty tough, but it was good. I was under the impression that my leg (the first) would be fairly flat. No such luck. There were plenty of hills. But that's ok. We ran for a good mile before we had to stop & walk. My sister-in-law ran with me and she was fantastic at keeping me going!!! So thanks sis!! =) We estimated that we ran about 2 miles of it and walked about 1 mile. Not too bad. I felt bad for T & Ben because they were on the 2nd leg and it was all hills. Like huge ones from what they said. A special thanks to T for running that leg because Deveney was supposed to run with us, but had to bow out at the last minute because of a conflict with a fundraiser that was later Saturday night. Then Missy was the 3rd leg and E ran the 4th. I am extremely proud of all of us for doing this run (and all the other bootcampers that did it!! ). We are AWESOME!!! Thanks to C for coming out and supporting us as well! I have to tell you that on Saturday I came home, had lunch, worked in the garden for a couple hours and I was done. I seriously could've taken a nap, but I just planned on going to bed early. Around 4 or 5 Mike was like, let's go do something!!! I told him, dude, you go right ahead. I am pooped!!!! I was not going anywhere!!! He ended up going to a poker game and I stayed home and relaxed and then went to bed (fairly) early.

Sunday was ok. It was the total protein day of the diet, so that was a little rough. To make it worse, we went to the races to watch my brother so I had to bring everything with me. So I had to eat my steak for lunch and chicken for dinner cold, but it was ok. I drank a TON of water and chewed gum. Oh, and got a nice sunburn ontop of the sun I had gotten on Saturday. It's not too bad though.

Yesterday was the first workout without Ben who is gone on vaca (and a business thing too). It went well. It was just T & I and we met up at IROC and did 2 rounds of sprints and 1 round of burpees 1 minute per round 2 minutes rest with 1 minute of that doing get up sit ups. Then we stayed at the walking track and ran for 20 minutes. I think tomorrow we're going to plan on running outside.

Today it was T, C & I. We were able to use the community room at IROC and did two circuits: A) Straight leg romanian deadlift - they had a couple bars with a little bit of weight so we used those - X12 reps and Crunches on the ball with 10lb weight x 12. Do as many rounds as you can in 10 minutes. T started on this one. Then C & I started on this one: B) Step ups (weighted - we had fairly light weights but busted out the rounds) x12 each leg and kb or db swing x 12 - we used 25lb plates. So the weight was fairly light for these exercises so we busted butt to do a ton of rounds. I think we did really well. =)

Tomorrow is cardio day so that will be back at the IROC walking track/arena for sprints, burpees and maybe high knees.. then running outside. =)

The 28 day diet is going well. I haven't really had too much trouble with it. I just have to sit down with the menu and figure out my substitutions. =) Not bad. I haven't really had too much trouble with being hungry except for the all protein day. I think that's why I was chewing gum. Helped to keep my mind off it. I've actually been chewing a lot of gum lately which I'm getting out of now. I don't want to start using it as a crutch to ward off hunger. I should be fine though.

Later!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment