Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 9 & 10 - Rock on with my bad self!!!

Friday was "Fight.. gone bad".. holy crapola!! You know, I say that every workout, but Ben works us HARD! Believe me when I say I appreciate it more and more every day. After the workout I decided that I would pull out one of my dress shirts that is one size smaller. At first I was like, no maybe not. But then I thought "Just try it on. If it doesn't fit, then there's more work to do and that's fine." So I tried it on, this purple (big surprise! Ha!) long-sleeved shirt, and it FIT!! Whoo weren't there some waterworks!! I was a little skeptical that it was really true until I tried on another one that size just to verify!! WOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how good it feels to be able to put on a smaller shirt and feel comfortable!! Normally when I'm uncomfortable in something, I pull on it and adjust it all the time, but not this time!! After I'm done writing this I'm going through my closet and the clothes I have packed away in my basement. I'm pulling out every piece of clothing that I have in the smaller sizes and stuffing them in my closet (sorry honey, but your side of the closet just got taken over!). I don't care if it's crowded or not. Hell, I may pack up some of the stuff that I was wearing. Bye bye big clothes!! I am so SO proud of the progress that I've made, and I can't wait to make some more!!

The workout itself was pretty tough, but after Fight..gone bad, we did something even harder!! Ben had us in pairs and facing each other. He would tell us to go and one side would do push ups and the other side had to stay in the plank position. Oh and these were just regular push ups, we had to follow his directions. So he would say "down" and make you hold it there. Then "half way up" or "half way down" or "all the way up". It was SO hard!! So while one side is doing crazy push ups, you're holding the plank position. Then we switch. Ben told us before we started that if we came out of the plank position there was a penalty. Let me tell ya, I tried like hell NOT to fall, but my arms felt like they were going to fall off a couple times and I had to put my knees down. So what was the penalty you ask?? We had to RUN. Heh?! Yep!! We started at opposite ends of the gym, Missy and I were partners and Erica and Christine were partners. So we had to go down to the end & back 3 times (so 6 laps basically) then your partner went. We each did this 3 times. The cool thing was that Ben gave a prize to whomever won. Missy and I were the victors in that one. The prize is that we get to pick a Prograde product (protein shake) of our choice for free!! Cool!! =) Let me tell ya, Erica & Christine were no slouches in the race either!! There was one time where Erica & Missy were neck & neck! So kudos to them!

Today I was a little nervous because my husband & I went to a poker tournament in Westfield (my husband ran it). I knew that there would be food there, but nothing that I would be able to eat (I was right, they had hot dogs, popcorn, chips and yeah sandwiches, but not on the right bread). So I grabbed my husband's small cooler and packed everything that I would need, right down to supper if I needed it. It actually worked out great. I had plugged everything into Fitday so I knew where I was at and off I went! I had everything at my fingertips that I would need and kept on track!! I got home early from the tournament (not talking about it!! LOL) so now I've changed it up a little and my numbers are near perfect!!

One big lesson that I learned this week is to definately plan ahead. I had a hard time on Thursday & Friday with food. We have stuff we do on those nights, so I have to bring snacks, lunch and supper to work with me. That's all fine and dandy, but trying to plan out the day in the morning before work is very hard, especially if I have to stop at a store before work to get what I need! Then I'm scrambling to get myself ready and out the door early enough so that I can stop at whatever store and not be late for work! One thing I also did was plugged in food to fitday as I went along and then decided what I was doing for supper. That didn't really work out either. Then I was still having to scramble to try to get my numbers to come out right. So for everyone out there that's trying to lose weight, definately plan ahead!! It'll save you time, money & a lot of headaches!! When you buy your fruits & veggies, cut them up ahead of time and put your servings in a container. That way you can just grab & go!

Ok, so I am really really not a big fan of yogurt. Hate it actually. The kinds that I've tried are just... BLECH!! Ben, and the other girls, have been saying that the Greek yogurt Chobani has a different taste & texture than regular yogurt. I have to be honest, I didn't believe them. I was very nervous, but this morning when we were doing our grocery shopping trip with Ben (that was great and very informative! Thanks Ben!) I finally said "ok I'll TRY it!". So I had the strawberry flavor and you know, it really wasn't that bad!! There wasn't enough strawberries in it for my taste. Sometimes I had a bite with just the yogurt and it was kinda bland, but all in all it was not bad at all. I went back this afternoon and bought some more!! I also bought some fresh strawberries so I think I'm going to mix a few in the yogurt to punch it up a little. I may even cut up some strawberries & a banana and mix the yogurt with it. Hmmm.. yum.. maybe I'll have that tomorrow!! MMMMmmmm... That's another lesson.. don't knock it till you try it. You may just like it!! I was not a fan of romaine lettuce either, but it is starting to grow on me!!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment