Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 6: The bike is out to get me!!

Today we did cardio again. The bike, kettle bell swing, burpees & resistance band boxing (not what Ben will call it, but that's what it was basically).

So the bike and I are really not getting along at this point. LOL.. The first time we did cardio, I think it was the last time around, the strap on the pedal came off and the bike started making terrible noises. Ben assured me that the bike has done that before and not to worry about it. But the bike struck again today in our second cardio day. Just as I had started my 30 second sprint on the bike, the seat fell! I went from comfortable to gnawing on my knees!! I didn't have time to fiddle with it so Ben had me do high knees instead. Oh yeah, much better! Thanks! LOL. Thankfully that was my last turn on the bike so until we meet again evil bike... I WILL be watching you!! LOL..

The new exercise thrown in the mix today was the reistance band boxing. It was two resistance bands tied to eye hooks in the wall. You pull them out until they're at the end (not stretching them), put one foot in front of you, then just punch! As hard and fast as you can! Holy crap!! But it didn't hurt that Ben put his hand up so we had a target to punch!! Hee hee.. bad idea Ben!! Actually I feel a little bad though because I forgot to take my engagement ring off or at least turn it around. It's not really huge, but big enough with a little (a LOT of) force behind it!! If you have any built up frustration this is the exercise for you!!

Although I hate to admit it because I know Ben will just kick our butts harder next cardio day, it was a little easier today. We all seemed to be in good moods, laughing and joking around. When we started we did 90 second rest periods between the stations we were all able to still talk & joke. It felt good not to get so tired so fast. BUT, by the time we started doing 60 second rests between stations it was VERY quiet!! LOL! Believe me though, we worked our butts off!! As I'm sure we will tomorrow!!

Here's a couple quick tips I've learned: 1)Put a chicken breast between two pieces of plastic and hit with a mallet until flattened. Put Grill Mates Garlic & Herb seasoning on each side (or any other seasoning -avoid BBQ sauce because it has high fructose corn syrup) and throw on the George Forman Grill for 4 minutes and wa-la!! Tasty chicken in 1/4 the time!! I saw this on the Biggest Loser, tried it and LOVED it!! 2) If you want to make a healthy meatloaf, try using salsa instead of eggs, crackers & tomato sauce. It's got the tomato sauce in it plus all the veggies and tastes the same!! I'll have to ask my mom what the ratio is for pounds of meat to salsa. But boy is this yummy! My mom even used Newman's Own Natural Salsa that has all natural ingredients, no added sugar or any bad stuff!! 3) Something that may seem healthy might not be. Check the label, if it's got partialy hydrogenated oil (any kind soybean, vegetable...) or high fructose corn syrup (the comercials are WRONG) then it's not really healthy!! Try looking for foods without this in it.

Well folks, my show's coming on soon so I'm gonna hop off. Let's see who's not the Biggest Loser tonight!

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Keep up the good work. I am so proud of you and you even sound like you are having fun. Bonus!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Lisa! I am glad you won and you are going to do GREAT! It is inspirational to see you working so hard and keeping it up. I know it is not easy at all, but it will be so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got psyched out on the biggest loser. Guess we will find out tonight! I think it would be awesome if Ben was chosen to be a trainer for the show. Just not now, he can't leave us now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have given up by now!! I am not a trooper for pain. WAY TO GO LISA! You are doing great! I am so excited for you!!

    Hope everything else is well in your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you guys!!! It's so great to have so many supportive people!!

    How dare the President take precidence over the Biggest Loser??!!!! What was he thinking?!? LOL

    ReplyDelete