Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Who's that girl?

yes yes.. it's ME!!! =) Now just wait until you see the full length picture on week 16!! =)


Friday, it was cardio day again and we did intervals inside, then went for a 20 minute run. I believe we had to run inside at IROC because the weather wasn't cooperating. =( But, T & I had our Ipods and the lady at the desk at IROC was nice enough to turn the radio on so E had something to listen to. As we started I vowed to myself that I was going to run for the whole 20 minutes. I hadn't done that to date and I knew that I could do it if I just pushed myself and MADE myself do it. And I did!! I ran for the whole 20 minutes and I'm very proud of that!! =) I believe we run just over a mile as well. It kinda sucked to have to run inside, and no offense to IROC, but the walking track is boring to run around. It's only 1/10th of a mile so it takes 10 times around to make a mile. So running/walking 2 miles or more ends up being very tedious.
Saturday was good. E & I were back at IROC and we did this: Started with rounds, 8 reps each of pull ups and squat presses. Then: A). Reverse Lunge Band Row x 6 reps per side, Stability Ball Push up Jacknife x 6. Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. B). Squat Press x 6, Pull ups x 6. Complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. The pull ups were especially difficult because IROC doesn't have a bar or rings that we could do pull ups on. We had to use these two handles that were built into one of the weight benches. They were way over our heads (even E! who is fantastically tall!) so we had to stand on a little bar that was a brace for the bench thing and then grab onto the handles and do the jumping pull ups. The real trick was to be sure of where your feet landed when you came back down. The bar wasn't directly under us, it was more in front so we had to be careful. There was one time that I wasn't careful and my feet slipped off the bar and I went all the way to the floor. Don't worry though, I wasn't hurt. It just startled me more than anything. Let me tell you, my arms were still sore yesterday from that one. WHOA! After our rounds, we went outside and did sprints. 1 1/2 minute sprint 1 1/2 minute rest x 2.
Sunday was pretty good. It was another all protein day for the 28 day diet so it was a little rough, but not too bad. We also went to my sister-in-law's and hung out with her, her husband and their beautiful girls (neice playtime!!!!). I brought my food for the afternoon with me so that part was fine. I drank a LOT of water!! LOL..
Yesterday it was back to BBC... and I was very glad!!! We all did our thang last week without Ben, but I could tell I was lacking that extra push that he always gives us. I did push myself, and busted it in the workouts, but I missed hearing "Get there!" "Come on! Push! Go all out!!!". I think we all did. Anywho... we did: Front Squats 4 sets of 8 reps then, A). Band Lunge Row x 6 per side, Stability Ball Crunch Jacknife x 6. As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. B). Squat Press x 6, Pull ups x 6. As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. Finished with 6 rounds of 30 seconds high intensity 90 second recovery sprints. Kicked my ace!!!! I do have to say that I definitely like the long runs rather than sprints. I seriously suck at sprints!! I would rather do the D run again than do sprints!! Ha! What does that tell you!!! =) Crazy!!! Oh, and did I mention that I wore my grey BBC t-shirt for the first time???!! Hells yeah I did!!!!! And it is a LARGE! Large!!! I started out in a 3x!!! Get the F out!!!!!!!!! You want some motivation to lose weight? That's it right there!!! NEVER in my life did I think that I, Lisa Cordeau would be wearing a t-shirt that was a large. NEVER. Yet here I am. It's just amazing. I get teary just thinking about it. Trust me, those are tears of joy. Even better was after class when E, Ben & I were stretching & talking. Ben said that when I first walked in he hardly recognized me and that I looked like a different person. =) Nice!!!!!!!! Fantastic is what it is!!! I couldn't be prouder of the progress/changes that I've made. I have truly changed my life, and it's all for the better. =)
Today was cardio and we did intervals again. The stations were bike, burpees & sprints. We did 1 minute of work, 1 minute rest, 1 minute "active" rest of get up sit ups. We did this for 5 rounds. Afterward we went outside (it was a little cold, but not too bad) and ran for 20 minutes. Again I pushed myself and made myself run the whole 20 minutes. It felt really good. Like really really good!! =)
Never have I been more "up" than I am right now. I have never felt better and I will only feel more and more fantastic as I lose more weight! I have no doubt that that will happen. I hope that everyone reading this blog that wants to get healthy and lose inches and/or pounds will be inspired to do so and will inspire others to do so as well (pay it forward!). =) =)
~L

2 comments:

  1. When does week 16 end?? This week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Lisa! I love reading your updates, sometimes they make me teary too. Can't wait to see the "after" pic.

    ReplyDelete