Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home stretch!

Actually, we've rounded third and are just about at home base... what an amazing journey this has been.. I was watching the videos from when we first started and then the following weeks. I can't even believe the person that I see in the first videos. Who IS that girl in the purple pants? I don't recognize her... at all!! I watched the way that I was moving, the weights I was able to use, how much I struggled, just to move from one exercise to the next.... Makes me ask, what the F was I thinking back then? Why did I think that that was ok? Or, I knew that it wasn't ok. I can tell you what I was thinking back then. I was thinking, I don't like myself. I don't like how I look. I feel terrible. I'm sick of this. I need help. I can't even begin to tell you just how much this whole journey has changed my life... how it has SAVED my life!!! I feel great about myself.. I actually love myself!!! I'm starting to love how I look (I have more work to do on that part, but it's coming along VERY nicely!! Don't you worry!). Best of all, I am positive that most of my medical problems have been resolved. I'm sure that my type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol are all well within normal ranges. I can't wait to go back to my doctor to find out for sure!! =) I do still use my c-pap machine to sleep at night, but I am VERY proud to say that I've made an appointment with the sleep lab to get reassessed. I seriously can't wait for that. I've been having trouble getting a good night's sleep lately. I have to wear earplugs because my mask leaks and it's really loud. Plus, I wake up in the morning with "cotton mouth" which means that I'm opening my mouth at night. That means that the pressure is too high on my machine. That is a great thing because it means I don't need the machine's pressure (or not as much) to keep my airway open at night. I am definitely getting closer to actually not using that machine anymore. It will be a momentus day when I can say that I no longer need that machine to sleep. No one deserves to be strapped to a machine at night. No one.

I had no idea when we started this journey that the hardest part would be the emotional side. I thought it was going to be all diet and exercise... But SO much of this is gaining what you never thought you had (confidence, happiness...) or for some, gaining it back (because you were once thin, but then for one reason or another gained weight). I was always the fat girl. The funny fat girl. Starting with my early teens and compiling from there. Well now I can be the funny skinny bitch!! LOL...

I feel extremely blessed and grateful to have been chosen for this opportunity. Thank you a million times over for everyone that voted for me. Thank you to my family, friends, co-workers and community for supporting me this entire 16 weeks. I couldn't have done this without any of you. A special thank you to my wonderful husband of 4 years. My best friend, my soul mate. He has been there encouraging and supporting me every single step of the way. I love you Micheal. Forever & always. =) Of course, a very big thank you to MOO92 for sponsoring this contest. I am so grateful that you did this! Thank you Erica, Missy, Tonia and Christine. This has been a crazy and emotional journey and I couldn't have made it through without you guys. Thank you for being my friend. And if you think just because this is over that you're rid of me you have another thing coming!! LOL.. Ben, well, there just aren't enough thank you's for you. You have supported, pushed, and encouraged me more than you can ever know. You have helped me to change my life and really, save my life. How do you say thank you for something like that? I don't know, but I'm certainly going to try. =) I look forward to taking bootcamp classes from here on out and know that you will continue to help me become a better me.

Well, I'm going to sign off now.... Tune in to Moo92 on Friday 6/12 (or log on to www.moo92.com and click on "listen live on demand"). The other MOOsers and I will be on and the winner of "The Biggest MOOser" will be announced!

~L

1 comment: